 Technic / 5736
Re: 8466 4 wheel steering?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Chris Fenter" <chris@i-axis.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

(The complete mechanism is at it's minimum possible width in 8466,
unless you remove the differential...)

Perhaps it can be made narrower with the differential as well?  I
played around a bit with this on the 8880, and here's some ideas:

   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/8880-suspension/

interesting solutions! Of course, yet another alternative is Jennifer
Clark's flexible Znap axle solution,

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ideas.htm

but of course any solutions that (re)move the differential to an inboard
position have their own 'packaging' problems that have to be solved: how to
fit the diff(s) into a chassis that doesn't become too long/bulky to be in
proportion to its narrow width!

I would really like to see the specialized parts from 8466 in a
service pack too!  I doubt that we will see it, though, at least not
before the 8466 has been out for a while.

Fredrik

Mmmm (nod of agreement!). I fear it may be some time, if at all. Oh well...
I might give Customer Service a ring, though...

Chris.