 Technic / 4856
Re: Technic Beams in Bulk on shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  The typical response in the AFOL community is to find a willing
  proxy in the market concerned and have it shipped to them--not
  impossible, but not easy, because this sort of request can be
  a hassle unless the parties know each other quite well.

Yep, that'd work. Of course I can always try to get my company to send me to
our London office, for work, of course : )

Hmmm.... There are a lot of sellers on Brickbay that are in Europe. They
could easily offer to buy the parts from S@H once we've placed an order
through them, with a slight mark-up of course, and then ship the parts to
the US. Considering what Lego is offering in Europe, I'd pay a lot more than
the listed price for some of those parts.

Maybe it's worth saying (shouting) again:
HEY LEGO: SELL US THE @#$%! PARTS!!!  WE'LL BUY THEM, LOTS OF THEM.

Oh well, does Lego ever listen?

T. J.