 Technic / 4876
Re: Technic Beams in Bulk on shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 05:44:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
Does anyone know if they offer international shipping
methods to US customers?

I dunno, yet. I've sent an email to S@H in both the US and Europe asking
that question. When I get a response, I'll post it here.

Well, here it is, straight from S@H:
[snipped]

  That's the standard response, since time immemorial.  I spoke
  on the telephone to Euro S@H (they're all British there, I think,
  so I believe the entire system is unified) today, and they think
  it has to do with a warehouse inventory in Billund.  Thus it's
  not worth it to them to handle the hassle of US addresses and
  overseas shipping.  They had enough trouble just handling a US
  charge card's reconciliation information today and yesterday.

So.....does that mean I can ORDER from UK or Ireland SAH with a US credit
card as long as I have it shipped to an address in the corresponding country
(UK or Ireland)????  If so, my in-laws may finally come in useful :)  I
wonder what you get charged on the exchange rate?

John