 Technic / 4853
Re: Technic Beams in Bulk on shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:39:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
Does anyone know if they offer international shipping
methods to US customers?

I dunno, yet. I've sent an email to S@H in both the US and Europe asking
that question. When I get a response, I'll post it here.

Well, here it is, straight from S@H:
[snipped]

   That's the standard response, since time immemorial.  I spoke
   on the telephone to Euro S@H (they're all British there, I think,
   so I believe the entire system is unified) today, and they think
   it has to do with a warehouse inventory in Billund.  Thus it's
   not worth it to them to handle the hassle of US addresses and
   overseas shipping.  They had enough trouble just handling a US
   charge card's reconciliation information today and yesterday.

   The typical response in the AFOL community is to find a willing
   proxy in the market concerned and have it shipped to them--not
   impossible, but not easy, because this sort of request can be
   a hassle unless the parties know each other quite well.

   best

   LFB