 Technic / 4552
Re: Yet another use for 7106
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:17:53 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:3AD307BC.BACE4F1A@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk...
Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of making a
semi-lookalike blade from technic bent beams, may not work too well, but
I'll have to work the angles out first.

How about a homebrew one? I believe it is possible to get fairly thick
"plastic card" which can be heated in the oven and moulded - I think this • is a
technique used by those who scratch build scale models of various types. • It
won't be pure but aye Captain, it might just work.

Hmm - there was that plastic stuff that you could bend and deform in high
school classes - I think it was some variant of Plexiglas or some other soft
plastic that deformed easily.  It had brown paper on both sides of it, which
was later pulled off ...

I suppose I could also look for a mold proofing machine going cheap.  Then
make my own molds for the blade ...  :o)

Heck of a way to get one though - I reckon it's better to let TLG do one.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde