 Technic / 201
  info on pneumatics

Hi All I have just ordered some pneumatic cylinders and pumps from Lego Service, but they did not have any tubing or accumulators/air tanks (at least December, and when I phoned in October I was told November.) Has anybody any alternative sources in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) There can't be a valve because if there was one they would have to label which end was "in" and which was "out". They don't, so it doesn't. Dwayne (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) I didn't think air tanks were in the current spares catalogue Lego Dacta, the education arm of lego, do pneumatic sets containing tanks, tube T pieces and cylinders, see (URL) details of where to buy. Quite a lot of toy shops in the UK are (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  (canceled)

  Re: info on pneumatics

Mike -- I don't know how much help this will be, but here are some thoughts... 1. Air cylinder is not essential -- you can pump air directly into the pnumatic cylinders. I kind of prefer this for some applications because it gives a slower, more (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

Jonathan (...) Sounds OK to me, what are you using to pump air directly into the pneumatic cylinders? Have you got some sort of electric pump (maybe a homegrown Lego one), a bicycle pump ...?? I quite like the idea of a Lego pump powered with some (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) Hello Mike; You missed an excellent discussion about compressors and a compressor test stand built out of LEGO just a little while ago. You could probably search Lugnet for the discussion. Some very useful web pages by others are: (URL) for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

Mike -- I was going to put you up a bunch of links to compressors, but I see that Ian Sinclair has already taken care of that. I have also heard of people using compressed air cans (you know, the ones for blowing the fluff off computers, photo (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

JP Brown <envcons@csi.com> wrote in message news:3823B200.ED7049...csi.com... (...) the large pumps, (...) reversibly so (...) pump (if you ever (...) I have removed the springs and reinstalled them by screwing (or winding) them off the button. It (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

Hi All Thanks for all the great info on pneumatics. I'm just playing around with a few of the ideas, and I'll let you know if I come up with anything good. I found a source for tubing. The RS catalogue contains Silicon tubing of 3 m length, with a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) Mike (and all) I would try your local builders, or try talking to your local model engineering club. Over here (in Canada) you can get PVC tubing for 17 cents (about 9 P) a foot. It works great for distance tubing (like points on a lego (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) Greetings. Somehow I don't have full confidence that a 35mm film can would be able to withstand 40psi on a constant basis, i.e. fill, drain, fill and so on. If you manage to make it work be sure to post some pics and info - I wanna see it. :) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)