 Technic / 1989
Re: 8458 Silver Champion is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:49:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ka-On Lee writes:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin Loch writes:
Does anyone have a clue as to why 8448 was discontinued so fast?

Wow hold on a minute!  Just because 8457 and 8458 are released does not means
8448 is gone right away.  8445 was gone pretty quick though.  I wonder if we
will ever see a technic catalogue like the one in 1996...

I should correct mmyself.  8448 was discontinued 3 months after it was
released, not 6.  I can't give the details, but I know
from several sources that 8448 is no more.

The only chance of getting one new is the Imagination centers, but I don't
think they can even get them anymore.

Quite a shame for such a nice set.

KL