 Technic / 1991
Re: 8458 Silver Champion is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:08:06 GMT

Could it be that 8448 also had a problem with a copyright, like 8445(Indy
Storm).  After all, there is a magazine called Super Street, so Super Street
Sensation would definately conflict.  Indy conflicts with way too many things,
Indianapolis raceway, Indy racing league, the actual Indy 500 race itself.  I
still can't believe Lego would make a $130.00 set and then can it for no
reason after only 3 months.  I ordered mine and got it much earlier than the
anticipated release date in September, then they finally showed up in stores
and were gone right away.  That was the last I saw them, sometime around last
Xmas.

Jason F.