 Technic / 16226
Re: Digicomp II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:23:46 GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYi9sJkS19Q

Congratulations Brian, this is truly astonishing!

I'd love to claim full credit, but I really have to say I never would have
thought this was possible until I had read about the original.

Quite so.  But an all-LEGO implementation is still a remarkable achievement.

The patent for
the original Digi-comp II is really interesting - the one patent contains the
idea for both DCII & a related device that got marketed as "Dr Nim" (it played
Nim using binary ball logic - I've not built that one yet, but it should be much> easier).

It would be great to see a version of Dr Nim too.  This might also be more of a
manageable project for those with limited time and resources!

Then of course there is Digi-Comp I ...