 Technic / 16021
Re: How to make a perfect octagon or hexagon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:55:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Joe Strout wrote:
   ... I believed that the bent technic beams (e.g. 32348) had a 135-degree angle, or at least some angle that would divide evenly into 360. ... 1. Does anybody know what odd angle these pieces really are?

It would appear that they’re approximately 126.8698976 degrees. That’s from approximating some angles and noticing that what I think they were trying to do was to create the geometry such that a 3-4-5 right triangle was possible.

DaveE