 Technic / 16025
Re: How to make a perfect octagon or hexagon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:37:59 GMT

(snip)
and the very rare but handy "Technic bush with 3 axles"
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x1781 (yeah, from just one set it
looks like, and a pricy one at that).

   The Technic angle connectors are in increments of 22.5 degrees, so they don't
hit the magic 60° marks either for a hexagon - but they should work for
constructing octagons.

That particular piece is showing up in more sets:

The Batman Copter with Scarecrow's bi-plane has three of those pieces in the
set, and the new Hikaru Exo-Force set (green mech) has one of those present, and
one Bionicle set also has that piece (can't recall the set, but if you look at
the pics, you'll see the three-pronged claw that uses this piece).

My first thought on that piece--perfect piece to make cell tower antenna from.

Scott