 Technic / 16022
Re: How to make a perfect octagon or hexagon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Joe Strout wrote:
   I’m trying to make a largish (20 cm across or so) octagon or hexagon out of technic parts. I thought this would be easy, because I believed that the bent technic beams (e.g. 32348) had a 135-degree angle, or at least some angle that would divide evenly into 360.

But this does not appear to be the case; when I connect these with same-sized beams, the end does not connect up. I can sort of force it into a hexagon, but the pieces are under a fair amount of strain that way. So I have two questions:

1. Does anybody know what odd angle these pieces really are?

2. Any suggestions for how to make a simple octagon or hexagon out of technic parts?

Thanks,
- Joe

The tri-blade is great for hexagons....

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=44374