 Technic / 16225
Re: Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:09:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Putz wrote:
   Hi,

I just ran across Chis Mango’s thread about Theo Jansen style walkers (Oct. 2007) and Thomas Johnson’s (Feb. 2006). One of the videos Chris referenced was a design I did in June 2007. I took a different approach from Chris and Philippe and used technic liftarms instead of axles (based on the limited parts I had available). A web page with some photos and videos is at:

http://www.RoboticsLearning.com/jansenwalker/

(Belated) congratulations Steve - the elegant symmetry and smooth motion of this leg geometry are amazing. (I already spent some time trying unsuccessfully to improve on Chris and Philo’s elegant designs).

Cheers, Alexander