 Technic / 1037
Re: Technic wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:32:47 GMT

Mark Koesel wrote:

Those are the same as the ones used in the 8479, but in gray
instead of 5571.  Anyway, he did list those, if you look
again.

What he did miss was the fact that the 8868 hub was also
re-used as the hub for the _early_ version of the wheels that
we see today in the 9735.  In other words, there was a tire, at
one time, with the exact outer size and tread as the 9735 tires,
that fit the old smooth hubs from the 8868, instead of the newer
hubs in the 9735.  This tire was solid and made of the same
foamy material as the 8868/8860 tires, which is very different
from today's hollow, rubber tire.  You can find this tire in the
8840, 8082, and others technic sets of the early 90s.

Sorry, but I was right..:-)

Those tyres and hubs from 8479 and 5571/5563 are not same. 5571/5563
ones are larger in diameter.

I was not aware about the two different types of 20*30 balloon tyre, by
the way. I was thinking that they used the same balloon tyre with two
different types of hubs.

Selçuk