 Technic / *18101 (-100)
  Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP

Wow! You always do great work. I think the authentic look of this model is just one of the strong points of your style. I really like all of the technical capabilities and details. Great job! Awesome photos! - Eric Sophie (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP

(...) Wow! Spectacular! I'd love to see some video coverage of your bulldozer in action. I think it looks even better than the one LEGO is coming out with. I think the tractor and lo-boy are very well done also. Excellent work! Jordan (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP

Before we even know LEGO would release it's own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn't in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: New Technic Ferrari?

(...) Apparently this was purchased at the Milton Keynes Lego Store in the UK. Price was 80GBP. So, it shouldn't be long before it appears on S@H. It appears to have the standard Technic V-8 and HOG steering and not much else Technic-wise. But I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Ferrari?

(...) I don't believe it has been officially released yet. ROSCO (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  New Technic Ferrari?

How long has this kit existed? It looks amazing! I don't think it has been discussed on Lugnet yet. Like the TLC Enzo, it does not look like it has any shocks or transmission, but from these pictures it is hard to tell. (URL) me it has a closer (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: First MOC

(...) It looks very big. The wire-triggered air intake on top of the engine is the best part. I don't know much about dragsters, and wanted to know why the swingarms for the front steering are not exactly vertical. Does this help it stick to the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: First MOC

(...) Nice job Gordon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. -Nick (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  First MOC

Please check out my first public MOC and let me know what you think. (URL) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: LEGO Technic gears color-coded

(...) Salut Jean-Marc, Sincèrement j'hésites entre "en rire" et "en pleurer". (c'est assez bien écrit) Les chevilles bleues ou tan ne me seraient pas insupportables si elles n'étaient pas devenues la norme. Un changement de couleurs des roues (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Technic gears color-coded

(...) I wasn't going to say anything, but it's pretty obvious when the bottom of the article says "this entry is filed under Humor, Fake news." Nice try, though. (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

April fools? "Jean-Marc Nimal" <joubarc+lugnet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JFtoty.CJr@lugnet.com... (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic)

  LEGO Technic gears color-coded

In order to further ease building of the Technic range of sets, the LEGO company will start using different colors to produce the different gear wheels according to their size. (URL) the full article> Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track

(...) Samsonite! (...) Speed is your friend, and friction is your enemy. If the cars are tipping in the corners, you could try using thin Technic tubing (the stuff that can clip into a minifig hand) to build guard rails. I also use that stuff very (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

(...) Ah, so it was you that got those, i was watching them for too long. (...) I beg to differ. I found they spin at fairly high rpm allowing a substantial down ratio improving torque. (...) Agreed, they'er not a studless part. I built them into a (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track

(...) It was designed to be modular - each section is 16x16, and drops either 2 bricks (straight) or 4 bricks (corner). I carried it all in flight luggage, each part wrapped in tight cling-film (plastic food wrap) and I'm amazed the curves held (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) Well, we could create a GBC wall standard . . . that's a lot of plates I don't have. :) (...) Oh, of course! I didn't think of those. (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) When my parents gave me this book in the mid 80s I wanted to build this truck. Just like you I only had the 8860 car chassis and I bought a used 8859 in ´95. But in the second half of the 80s I used the boogie lift for two of my truck models (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track

(...) Thanks! I actually got the idea when I displayed a not-yet-working prototype coaster on the NELUG train layout last weekend. We posed the "broken" coaster in our amusement park with a working monorail (Airport Shuttle) running through the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track

(...) It's a neat design, and I like the idea of using monorail track to do smooth loops. 4ft is a hell of a lift to make out of LEGO though! I'd be happy with something smaller, even if it meant going without the loop. Have you thought of fitting (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track

I have designed a minifig-scale roller coaster that can run on standard monorail track. Each car can carry up to four minifigs around a loop, and the cars can run independently or linked in pairs. (I haven't tried longer trains yet...) (URL) There (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) Jordan, If you could bring one of those to Brickworld, that would be great. Thanks. :) (...) Looks like a garage door. Steve (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) I really like the minifig bulldozing the balls off the circular track. It's very clever. So is the oil derrick. I also like the wall you erected around the layout. Every GBC should have one of those! In the video what is that wavy red thing (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll - Videos!

(...) Thanks Matt :-) Here are a couple of videos of the roller coaster, my first ones: Flat circuit: (URL) degree roll: (URL) too bad I hope, considering it's not a movie camera. I had to use a floodlight as my earlier attempt came out too dark. (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir - Video!

(...) Absolutely! :-) (...) I thought about that when you said so before, but then I thought it was better to keep the tracks rigid, otherwise the tension might vary in the round ends, requiring good control of the tracks on the straight part. I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Liebherr LTM1070

(...) Hallo Nathan Thanks for your interest on my mobile crane. I dont have videos now, but its a very good idea! So i think i want make it, because is possible with my photo-camera. Beat (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) The forklift I posted is not my design. "TT" from brickshelf did that. It was just to give you ideas, and is closer to 1/16th scale. Maybe you can find his email and get some ideas from him. My only idea is to use Bimba pneumatics. (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) nice forklift - would it be possible to mount it onto a lorry? (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: instructions needed

Orion Pobursky schrieb: (...) Thanks Orion, but I need not the instructions for the sets itself because I own all of them. I need the instructions for the extra models (combinations) that are shown on that picture. Those instructions are not in the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic.roboriders, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: instructions needed

(...) (URL) (18 years ago, 25-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic.roboriders, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  instructions needed

Does anybody has instructions for these models of the roborider series? (URL) help is welcome. mikeheide (18 years ago, 25-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic.roboriders, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Liebherr LTM1070

This post is very late but has to be made. Beat's crane is incredible! Not only is it big but the aesthetic detailing is outstanding! Truck cranes are hard to design. Is there a video of it working? -Nathan (18 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) I started a 9th scale forklift in 2003 using a Bimba piston but never finished it. Although those pistons may be expensive and hard to get, they double your possibilities with lifting designs. (URL) one I have extends 20 cm, which along with a (...) (18 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) No, sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but not me, nor do I know anyone who has aside from the standard LEGO models. Al (18 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

(...) Sorry for the delay in replying. I will add it to my long term list of things to do, but please don't expect it any time soon! Could be years, unfortunately. Al (18 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train / torque amplifier

Alexander, Thanks for the differential/pole-reverser idea. Based on your description, I was able to get a prototype running very rapidly! I'm still seeking a clean more mechanical version, but this certainly will work for now. Along the lines of a (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized steering

I will give it a try... just found one in an ozzie bricklink site and have ordered it... let you know how it works out! thanks... (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized steering

(...) But the brickshelf gallery is still there: (URL) It's a shame such a cool part had been released only in unpopular hockey sets - (...) Indeed! But some people do find it: another good use of this part as a tread tensioner (URL) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized steering

In lugnet.technic, Ian Power wrote: [snipped] (...) Hi Ian, This part won't entirely solve your "problem" (URL) it provides return back to center help to a spring and has been yet used succesfully for a motorized steering (Sorry, I have not find the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Motorized steering

OK - for all the mechanical gurus here... You've probably seen my RC manas truck on the sidebar here. The steering is controlled by one manas motor, geared down so it's really slow. This is done so that I can get the wheels back to center, because (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

Hi Mark, Nicely done, and welcome to the never ending fun of the GBC! I've been also toying with the idea of using these tracks, and made a module using them as part of the GBC setup we had at Modelma (a modelism fair here in Belgium) Nothing really (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) Very slick, Mark. It is always fun to see something new! I look forward to seeing it in person in Chicago in June! Rafe (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Robo Quad - Stage Two and Three

(URL) Robo Quad - Stage One notes> Stage Two - Completed Stage Three - Completed Stage Four - Work in progress (URL) Robo Quad - Gallery> Stage One - Completed (URL) drive system>> (URL) front paw - top>> (URL) front paw - rear>> (URL) front paw - (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) Hey, very nice Mark! Warning, watching those little balls go around and around in a creation of your own can be... very addictive :-) (...) Nifty. I wouldn't worry at all about having *too much* throughput; since the overall rate is 1 bps, the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  GBC MOC: Track Wheel Reservoir (was Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch)

(...) I've not made very much GBC before but this was such a nice idea that I thought I'd have a go Brian: (URL) I used 36 tracks with pins on alternate ones to give a maximum 4 balls/second output. This can be reduced easily to the standard 1 (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

(...) You've used them nicely there! I agree with the on button issue - so far I've managed to leave them exposed... I thought of using the spare motor point for drop legs, but due to the fact that the manas motors are a little timing innacurate (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

(...) Hi Ian, Nice MOC! I agree with you: integrating a Manas is not a simple matter. Here is an idea for you: use the spare function in the trailer's Manas to raise / lower a pair of landing legs (See picture of the real thing here: (URL) that (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train / torque amplifier

I think one way to do this uses a differential (URL) and a pole reverser (URL). I don't have a picture to hand but the idea is simple. One side of the differential is connected to the low torque "input axle". The differential housing is connected to (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train

(...) A torque amplifier is EXACTLY what I need; thank you! Now I just need to figureout how to build one. Google has a few pix, two lego ones actually. I hope this will get me where I need to go! Thanks for the help, Rafe (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train

More information about your application would be helpful. The first thought that jumps to mind is "Use a more powerful motor. Duh!". So there must be something that I am missing. There must be some reason you need to use the puny motor. Maybe you (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Boosting power in a gear train

I have a gear train that is driven by a very weak input, very small torque. There are some places in the gear train where I have some worm gears driving some 'regualr' gears. As I go along the gear train, I boost the output as much as I can with (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

dear al have you ever constructed a (portable) forklift or do you know anyone that has? christian (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

"Ian Power" <ian@codemaster.com.au> wrote in message news:JF680s.nFt@lugnet.com... (...) That is very nice. I have little experience with studless building and find your work very interesting. I really love the appearance of the trailer. Power (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic Manas Truck

Hey guys... Might remember me... I posted the "Millenia Car" last year (was on the side bar for ages!). Anyway, finally got around to building something else (I lead a busy life). (URL) Technic truck based around the motor packs in the Bionicle (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8275 Bulldozer...

North American schedule I think is August (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  8275 Bulldozer...

Does anyone know ehn this model will be released? Thanks. (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Someone posted a great crane/construction town&technic MOC a year ago

Someone posted a great crane/construction town&technic MOC about year ago (could me more)... but I can't find it it neither of the newgroups. Anyone remember it and know where I can find the pics? There was a big town scale crane and some dump (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: More Power Functions info released

(...) snip... (...) snip... Not to be a stickler, but gearing doesn't increase motor power. Unless the large motor has less internal power loss (reduced friction would be nice) it will have more torque, less speed, and the same power as the NXT (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: gears...

Timothy is right about the mechanical advantage, and explained it very well! One more thing to remember is that since the worm gear acts as a "lock" for the other gear, you don't want to put too much torque on the other gear. You can either rip the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: gears...

(...) Basically, a worm gear has one tooth. So using that with a 40-tooth gear reduces the rotational speed by a factor of 40, and increases the strength by the same amount. Also, worm gears can drive a gear, but can't be driven by that gear, so (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  gears...

This may sound stupid, but after half a decade of not playing with my Legos, I have forgotten some basic stuff, which I was wondering maybe you could help me with. My biggest is with gears. Can someone explain to me why using a worm gear with two (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) This is very cool stuff, Mark! As a bit of a Lego roller coaster guru ((URL) I am impressed and am looking forward to someone developing this to its full potential - it looks like some very cool new things can now be modeled! -Matt :) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) Thanks Mark, Here's a pic of the 360 degree roll, the first roller-coaster function that goes beyond the capabilities of the old monorail: (URL) is the whole rolling track: (URL) when moderated: (URL) if the whole gallery isn't available for a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC)

(...) [snip] (...) The track link price range is currently $0.50 to $0.90, so you're quite right about it being unfeasible for now, but I was surprised to find that the break-even point, below which the track link price would make a tracked monorail (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  More Power Functions info released

Some info I can now release, in addition to what I've posted here: (URL) Power Functions large motors (URL) use the same metal motor inside as the NXT motors. The motor driver chip in the IR RC receiver (URL) is the same chip as the NXT motor driver (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070

Hallo Rosco Thanks for your interesting. I also see, what you build, specially your Demag Crawler-Crane. Very impressive and nice colour!! I like real working machinery. (...) No, the drive shaft dont take the load. The drive-axle is 2 studs away (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070

Hallo Eric Thanks for your interesting in my crane. I did offset the weels from the hubs, because the pivoting-point come closer to the middle from the wheel, so it needs not to much space for the wheels, when they are steered. Beat (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(...) Thanks Eric, Yup, they plan to tear it down after the replacement is done in who now's when. I also remember you took pics of our maglev and other stuff at BricksWest a few years ago... Have Fun! Mark (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070

(...) One question I have regarding the boom luffing: from your pics it looks like the drive shaft also takes the load on the "hydraulic ram". Does the heavy load add a lot to the friction? Or did you unload the motor drive somehow, similar to how (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070

Hello! Great work, very clean design! I like this picture: (URL) patience and attention to detail has paid off! BTW, Why did you offset the wheels and hubs? -Eric (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

Hey coolness, I like the way you built that. Also, having grown up in the Bay Area, I can't tell you how many times I have been across the Bay Bridge! So, it is all the more fun to see, thank you! -Eric (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070

Hallo Everbody After more than one year i finishe now my third moc, Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070. This Crane is my biggest and most complicated moc until now. Its fully powered by Lego-motors and pneumatic-pistons. The crane's max. height is 2.50m. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC)

That's ingenious! I'm glad there are smart people like you out there that figure this sort of innovation out! The possibilities for this are endless, you've certainly discovered a cool monorail system, but think of the roller coasters you could (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC)

Nice I wish I knew how to build it. hard for me to see by the pictures. pvd (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(...) Hi Mark, great bridge! It looks good in white. Now all you need is a floating crane to put beside it when the roadway (railway?) collapses... ROSCO (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(URL) is capable of handling double track main line on the upper deck, unlike the real one where the Key System trains ran on the lower deck 'till the 50's. Red button at midspan (Rt handside) tower causes roadway collapse a-la '89 earthquake. Its (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC)

(...) it's a cool concept but not very cost effective. i imagine those tank treads are going to go for .20 cents or more on bricklink. i could see this being feasable for something large and possibly space, but i'd concider trying something cheaper. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  New Monorail System (MOC)

This monorail (URL) built with tracks from Snowmobile 8272 and the forthcoming Bullozer 8275. The Power Functions system (URL) allows IR remote control of the train. I found it runs smoother with these yellow wheels than with the smaller black ones (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk) !

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

I have the 8889 book, and looking closely at your photos and the book's I couldn't find even one tiny difference. (Apart fromt he blue beam you mentioned but that doesn't count). It's THAT good. Since you already experienced the anguish of seeing (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions Tower Crane

(...) Thanks - the shock idea is not mine but from a friend... he will be glad you appreciated! (...) The weight it can lift (about 200g at the end of the boom) is not representative at all of the torque of the motor: the crane tips well before the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions Tower Crane

(...) Ingenious design! That video was fun to watch. It moves very smoothly and gracefully. The shock to tension the cable was an awesome idea since it created more friction on the winches that moved the trolley. How much can it lift with the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions Tower Crane

(...) Thanks ;o) (...) ...though IR control may have some drawbacks: exercise several of them at the same time and you are sure to get funny results!!! The 4 channels help, but for big models several are used at once... (...) BTW, it has been a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions Tower Crane

WOW!!!! Please allow me to express how COOL that is. I think you have found the perfect use for this new motor and control system. The new IR controller, and Motors will free many MOC's of the unrealistic wires that still shackle the rest of us. I (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Power Functions Tower Crane

A 1.2m (URL) tower crane>, built to exercise the new remote controlled Power Functions motors that are to be available in late 2007 sets, such as the (URL) 8275 Technic Bulldozer> (URL) Enjoy! (URL) Philo> (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW

(...) I think they are (URL) these>. (URL) Adrian (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 10182 Cafe Corner... WOW

(...) I have to ask about the minifig guy in the front corner, the one with the broom. What is he sweeping? Are those oranges? What pieces are those? Are they spheres? If so, do I detect micro-scale GBC possibilities? Rafe (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Joystick Controls with new Power Function RC handsets

I can't wait to get my hands on these sets! When are they coming out (in the US)? Magnus (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Robo Quad - Stage One

(...) Slight snippage has occurred ;o) Eric, The depth of thinking and your skill at building these Robo Quads is wonderful. I will follow this project, too. Since I'm a limited technic person, and am just getting exposed to NXT, I doubt I could (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Joystick Controls with new Power Function RC handsets

(...) D'oh! forgot the deep link: (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Joystick Controls with new Power Function RC handsets

With the new Power Function IR RC handsets it is possible to create joystick controls by adding a few extra pieces. The controls are tank drive by default so a few levers are required to turn the sideways joystick movement into forward and back (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)

Hi Rob, (...) I can't give too many details at the moment, but there WILL be a compatibility between both systems, built in the extension cords. Philo (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  8889 Technic Truck

The 8889 Technic Ideas book has four pages dedicated to a six-wheeled truck, which appears to be built largely from a combination of 8859 and 8860. Unfortunately it fails to give instructions, and all the pictures are from one side, leaving much of (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)

(...) OK, I'm claiming retardism on my part for this next question: I just don't see the compatibility between PF and 9V, can you elaborate? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robo Quad - Stage One

Hi Eric, this is a really interesting project. I'll promise to follow your progress, even though I can't join. This project will push Mecha building to a new stage! Best wishes (URL) Marco> (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Robo Quad - Stage One

(URL) Robo Quad - Stage One> Powered Front Paws History As you may or may not know, I have been studying rolling walking quad hybrids. (URL) Wrecker>> (URL) Controlled Blue Quad>> (2 URLs) Controlled Red Quad>> (URL) Quad>> After working on several (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)

(...) yep you're right. i allready have a few mods planned. i'm going to see if i can't fit a step motor into a train motor case among other things. ondrew (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: area51andahalf

(...) The cool thing about the Damnation Alley Landmaster vehicle was that it was a Tristar based traction system, which is actually seriously cool, with advantages over plenty of other traction systems like cats and standard wheels. Have a look at (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)

(...) All the pics should be visible now, at (URL) large motors have 2 half-depth pin recesses on opposite sides. They are designed primarily for a Technic beam interface because of their high torque - other models might fall apart! I held them in (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More Power Function MOC pics

(...) Yes, 4 channels, each controlling 2 motors at once. 8-motor RC MOCs for anyone who buys 2 bulldozers! (...) This one is on-off. I hope that a proportional control of some kind will develop but I have no information and couldn't tell you if I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Hummer

Its a masterpiece! (URL) the designer will take some more pictures outside. (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact