 Technic / 15654
Re: More Power Functions info released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:14:50 GMT

The Power Functions large motors
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2337975 use the same metal motor
inside as the NXT motors.

snip...

This all means that the large motors have lots of power (as they are geared a
bit lower than NXT motors),

snip...

Not to be a stickler, but gearing doesn't increase motor power.  Unless the
large motor has less internal power loss (reduced friction would be nice) it
will have more torque, less speed, and the same power as the NXT motor.