 Technic / *13611 (-20)
  Re: King Kong MOC

Mike, this is fantastic! I'm so glad that I got to see it up close and personal. Your building style is truly unique. - Joe "Mike Crowley" <count_blockula@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HMMo3o.1GMu@lugnet.com... (...) bit (...) chunk of (...) how (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: King Kong MOC

(...) Holy banana! That's one of the freakiest MOCs I've seen. Who knew Lego could look like hair and muscle? (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  King Kong MOC

(URL) Parts Monkeys, Unite> Here’s a link to the page with the rest of the pictures: (URL) Click Here> He's actually quite sturdy and holds up to play pretty well. He's just a bit over 13 inches tall, and it only took me about an afternoon and a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) Thanks for the pics. I don't really care that they are not good quality, I just want to see how it looks like. I also found that someone posted colour pics of the same set at brickshelf: (URL) It looks cool and I think I found a winner out of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

Here it is. My HTML and my scanning skills are poor but I have uploaded three pictures to the web. (URL) are scans of the instructions. The scans are the cover, the completed primary model and the completed secondary model. The cover is very (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) It would be really great if you could scan some pics. I am really interested because I have never heard of this set. You mean to tell me that this set is available in stores and you bought it?? Steve (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

In lugnet.animation, Jim Kovacs wrote: [snip] (...) Hi Jim, Very cool! Maybe I'll have to dig out my vision cam too,,,, It was fun dreaming up designs, and it was fun talking with Bauchaille, an old friend (and one of the senior statesman on the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Hey guys, I have been following this post since it started. It inspired me to try to find a use for my vision command cam. I decided not to try to use pnuematics...but rather a simple gear/belt drive system. It gives full pan and tilt...well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) It's deffinately not listed at Brickset. I knew RC Race buggy 8475 and Supersonic RC 8366 retailed for about $200 australian so when i saw this for $130 i nabbed it in sydney toys'r'us. Outdoor RC looks awful. Hot Flame has 200 odd parts and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

(...) My site has been up for about three years, but I guess it is more Robot oriented then Technic. You should lurk in rtl more often! (...) Thats good. I haven't used rollover buttons before and I think they add a nice touch. Mine could probably (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) Where did you find this set?? Any pictures??? I know an outdoor rc racer is supposed to come out exclusively to Radio Shack. The number is 8369. The name is unsure. If you search at Brickset it will say Outdoor RC Racer and it looks awful! I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

(...) You can find it here (can't direct link due to frames needed for navigation): (URL) klick "By Number" and choose "8800-8899" in the drop-down menu. /Tobbe (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston

(...) Hi Mike You probably mean Leo's translational joint: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical pneumatic piston

Hello, A while ago I had a website bookmarked that showed how to build a mechanical piston replacement, mainly utilizing worm gears and half bushings as I recall. Naturally I've lost the bookmark now, so could some kind soul point me in the right (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

Does anybody have any info about this new radio controlled set ? I haven't found it in any set database. Steve (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is the 8455 available in stores?

(...) US or (...) is (...) Ontario (...) It's available at Evans stores in Wisconsin. John (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) My bad. (...) I would think that you can easily do it with one motor for the front, one motor for the back (greatest flexibility. You'll have to use the other variety motor to rotate the turntable. (...) Fun, eh? [snip] (...) The (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) No, if you look at the photos you'll see that each piston is joined above the platform. It's not the best system because of the lower power you achieve with retraction versus extension, but it works best when you're trying to keep everything (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) Your original system had the pistons underneath the platform, right? You must be assuming that the ganged pistons would be underneath. This is not a requirement. I'm not advocating for ganged pistons. I'd think that a geared (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New (at least to me) optimal geometry for pneumatically flipped switches

(...) Hi Mark, Do you have an image of the original geometry, and your modified version? I could not find 8868 on BrickShelf's scanned library. Kevin (...) The new valves are superior in my mind as well. Another plus is they require less parts to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact