 Technic / *13256 (-20)
  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Yeah it was the same for the #4095 Inventor Set in the 2nd Edition. The price of that one is $49.99 USD with a number of pieces in the 300s. I saw it at the Toy fair. (...) Oh, I was only kidding. I cannot survive without bying new Legos. And (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIyCwM.tIp@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Technic set #8453 was thrown in on the lower left-hand corner of p.8. I just noticed that Designer set #4098 is only listed on the back (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Now that's even weirder! They actually put in the Wright Flyer! There is basically everything in there except Technic! You mean you don't even have the three mini Technic that came even earlier? Cool, they still put in the Shell Promotion sets (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIxzoI.14rG@lugnet.com... (...) 2nd (...) version? So (...) cover? That was my impression. Here is the table of contents from the Summer 2003 Catalog I have: BIONICLE pp. 4-7 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8455 Rear Tires

Curious if anyone else is unhappy with the quality of the rear tires on the new backhoe? I just got mine a few days ago and was seriously disappointed with them. Definitely not as nice as the usual rubber tires. Greg (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

(...) Thanks, and I want a biplane because I think its an easier design with lego then the long wings. Legos have all ways been weaker when they are spread out, even the wing design I currently use bends towards the end, if I extend it out it would (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Wait a minute, you mean to say that they don't have anymore copies of the 2nd version of the catalog but they do have more copies of the Bionicle version? So if you made a catalog request, they will send the one with the Bionicle cover? That's (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

(...) Daron, Congrats on the continued development, but I don't know why you want to make a biplane, except for kicks. The most efficient wing, from a drag reducing perspective, is a long thing one (think gliders, and MacReady's man powered planes). (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) to (...) It may yet be possible to travel with it - Thinking about it logically, the model wouldn't be much taller or wider so it should still fit in the overhead luggage compartments (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: Pilot BatToa Droid

Those of you who loved the BatToa Droid should be happy with this variant. I have the Security and Command BatToa Droids designed, but I'm missing a couple pieces before they're completed. (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: mini-review of #8455

(...) My bad...I didn't realize that 3 cylinders was realistic. Even more kudos to Lego on a great set! Dave (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

My second glider, Drat Soarer, is now up: (URL) Here are some two links to larger pictures: (2 URLs) Its final glide distance was a max of 31ft, average under good temperatures 30ft. I figured out that if its really hot out (its been about 100 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIuFCE.18KE@lugnet.com... (...) catalog (...) Here is Lego's response: "We did send two different issues of the Summer catalog. Unfortunately, we do not have extras of the issue (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

(...) Well, it was just a thought, but now I realize it's not possible for you to travel with it. Or you have to keep one of your other models at home ;-) (...) Well, recently I saw on TV a few shots of the movie. I saw a lot comparisons to the 2nd (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels

That's one of the most intriguing designs I've seen lately. As soon as I get my Hailfire droid wheels, I'm going to make a coal dump for my train yard. It would also be good for a train turntable. Rob "David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels

Hi, As soon as I saw these big wheels, I knew that there has to be a way to use them as part of a roller bearing to support a big crane... So here it is (the bearing only, the crane will take a bit more time): (3 URLs) The wheels were too small to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  BioniWars: DesToayer Droid

Three legs...three eyes...why don't they have three arms? Must not have read John Christopher's Tripod series... Anyways, it's positively dwarfed by the BatToa Droid, but here's the DroiToaka: (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - Technic Rabbit - The Rumble Bunny

(...) Chris, its always cool having you check my stuff out, I remember your encouragement when I was building the GG Mech and all of the other MOCs, Thanks. I have some yellow parts I have been looking at. I may work with that color next. We'll see. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks, I actually changed the design of the tail plus the COG of the plane so now the flight distance is up to 20feet :) I'm not posting pics of the modified version, however the new version that I'm working on will feature the modified tail, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks, its one of my favorite robots. It was fun to watch, a pain to program. (just long and tidious programming). (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact