 Technic / *13096 (-20)
  Re: custom aluminum axle

Hmm. Most of the rides I've seen like that use hydraulics to rotate them into position - not a system of gears. My second choice would be some kind of chain drive to lift and lower - this would eliminate torque on the pivot bar. Something to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Powered by Manas?

(...) I guess that truly answers the original question, though the Manas drive unit is a lot cheaper to get right now, if you live near a TRU that's doing the blow-out sales at least ($30 for two) Now the question is, does your RCX Hailfire have a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Water Tank in 8454?

(...) The overall volume remains the same. What is the best ratio for space given to water and space given to air? Just make sure there is enough space provided for compressed air which is the propellent. Although, having a tank for water and a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

Awesome! Very cool! I can't wait for the movie! I don't really remember Znap much, but excellent use of the Znap parts. I never would have thought that something like this was even possible with LEGO, but you have proven me wrong. Max (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) I am pretty sure that this question has been answered for you twice now -- you need a service that tracks the dynamic IP, catches requests for your domain, and then redirects those requests to the dynamic IP and hence to your server. I think (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) So I guess my problems are the fact I have a dynamic IP address, and a router which has a public IP address outside, but a private IP address inside the router. The Apache server is located on private IP address, so anyone outside my network (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Nope.... I was pretty sure you were not done. Neither am I. I'm just grateful for what you've done so far. It was pretty lonely there for a while in pneumatic computing land. I'm happy for the company and the inventiveness. (...) I ordered an (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Like I'm done? Just wait til I get my hands on some real ones... :) >> Mark (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Yes. Thanks. I'll have to try some of my own designs to really comprehend it. I learn by doing (and failing ;^). (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Not sure if there's an algorithm, per se... but here's how I do it. Conceptually, I think of the backwards switch arrangement as an XOR gate. Input (from the output valves) will only be accepted from either the top or bottom valve. In general, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to walk me through installing/setting up the Apache server on my Windows PC? Or can someone walk me through this via e-mail? I run Windows XP, and connect through a Linksys router to the internet with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Geat job Mark! I started out with a 14 piston, seven switch full adder, and by piggybacking off each others ideas, you've gotten us down to 2 pistons and a handfull of switches. Absolutely amazing! Unless I come up with some revolutionary (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) No offense was taken. My appologies if I gave that impression. I just completed some load testing on the compressing piston. It easily switched 2 switches, was just barely able to switch 3 switches, and clearly couldn't do 4 switches. Since (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hailfire Powered by Manas?

Joseph A. O'Donnell's utterance expressed in news:HHCMxM.20pt@lugnet.com: (...) I have powered mine with two ordinary gear motors and mounted an RCX underneath the "body" of the hailfire. With a remote control, the hailfire can now be driven in (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) I wasn't trying to imply that you hadn't actually tried it... I was only suggesting that I didn't think that pistons being driven solely by the compression of air created by the expanding of other pistons would be strong enough to compress (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) I've alway found low level circuit design interesting. Using pneumatics and LEGO pieces to create them seems like a good challenge. I have some ideas that might turn into workable designs. (...) I've tested it, and it does work. I don't know (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hailfire Powered by Manas?

(...) I have a "Yes". Now off to buy the Hailfire. If anyone has additional thoughts on getting this hybred running let me know. Joseph (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hailfire Powered by Manas?

(...) Um *evil grin* yes! Actually, I have no idea how feasible it is. You'd need to use the drive links on the side of the Manas drive unit (they rotate faster than the front/back drive links), and you'd need to put a medium-to-large gear between (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: custom aluminum axle

i tell you what... after about 2 hours of continuous running tonight, i couldn't see and visible damage to the bricks. Its polished rather nicely and feels like its about the same smoothness of an actual tech axle. In my application there appear to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) I think the idea here is that they are mutually exclusive - only one will be expanded at any one time, so when a different one is expanded, it effectively only has to retract one other - the one that was previously expanded. ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact