 Technic / Bionicle / 2247
Re: Hailfire Powered by Manas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Joseph A. O'Donnell wrote:
Is a Manas-powered Hailfire a feasible project? If someone says "Yes"...I >guess we all know where my next $50 goes!

     Um *evil grin* yes!  Actually, I have no idea how feasible it is.  You'd
need to use the drive links on the side of the Manas drive unit (they rotate
faster than the front/back drive links), and you'd need to put a medium-to-large
gear between the drive links and the Hailfire wheels (not to mention the fact
that you'd have a tricky time getting a gear lined up with those tilted wheels).
I won't lie to you and say it would be easy, or that it will look as accurate as
the official model, but there's certainly enough space in there to fit the drive
unit (just remember you'll need to have clear LOS to the receiver node on the
back of the drive unit), and with a bit of creativity, I think it could be done.