 Technic / 10895
Re: custom aluminum axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:09:32 GMT

Hmm.  Most of the rides I've seen like that use hydraulics to rotate them
into position - not a system of gears.

My second choice would be some kind of chain drive to lift and lower - this
would eliminate torque on the pivot bar.

Something to consider when using metal against plastic is that the plastic
is softer and will yield to the metal bar.  This could cause damage to other
Lego pieces.

It is amusing though to see Lego components recreated in metal.

"travis" <phree@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HHBopt.546@lugnet.com...

Well, by the end of the day, I was talking custom milled technic axle much
to my LUG's dismay.  Well, I couldn't let it go, and by Monday morning I • had
to find out if it was possible, and began unsuccessfully to call machine
shops looking for a donation.  Finally it struck me, and sure enough the