 Technic / 10879
Re: custom aluminum axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:03:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Travis Kunce wrote:
Hey guys,

I'd love to know if anyone else would be interested in using this type of
thing.  tomorrow i'm getting a quote from a production shop to see if it
would be worth getting a lot more of this made.  I'll let you all know what
I find out.

Hmmmm it would certainly solve the problem of bending in my all-terrain crane...

But if used as a rotating axle, my guess is it would damage the holes it ran in
pretty quick unless they're re-inforced. I seem to recall John Barnes fiddled
with brass re-inforced technic beams, and Jennifer Clark used some on her crane.

ROSCO