 Technic / 10892
Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:48:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
   And also someone to explain how people can always type in my domain name and access my server, even if my public IP address changes.

I am pretty sure that this question has been answered for you twice now -- you need a service that tracks the dynamic IP, catches requests for your domain, and then redirects those requests to the dynamic IP and hence to your server.

I think Lar even made a service recommendation. Even if you choose to get another service, you need something like what Lar recommended.

What part don’t you get?

-- Hop-Frog