 Technic / 10868
Re: New Web Site Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:06:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dan Boger wrote:

no - that will never work.  Any IP that starts with 192.168.x.x cannot
be accessed via the internet.

Well, any idea where I went wrong? I'm using Windows XP, Apache Web Server, and
the domain name focusrs.gotdns.com from http://www.dyndns.org. I connect to the
internet with cable internet through a router. I thought I finally had my Apache
web server working and connecting my pages to the internet, but I guess not.
Anyone with ideas, experience installing/using Apache, Windows XP anything that
would help? Please help! I am extremely new to running a server off my own home
computer!

Thanks

Max