 Technic / *10021 (-20)
  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Thanks Dean for the great ideas and for posting links. Sounds like I should buy the Ferrari brothers book. I'll try the clutch idea first, it seems to be the solution I'm looking for and it is relatively simple, I do have a couple clutch gears but I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Beleive me, I have exampined the Lugnet technic gears site and been to all the links. I've also done other searches both on tank creations and on RCX bases using treads. I've recently bought 4 packs of tread links to make a large crawler base for my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  MASSIVE Technic collection for sale

Hi, I will be selling all my Legos (which are 95% Technic) most likely via Ebay or other auction site. I wanted to see if there was anybody in the Lugnet community that would be interested in buying them before I did. The sets I have are: SET# (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Tubing Replacement

(...) Greg, John Barnes knows of some non-Lego tubing that works very well. It's smaller in diameter, black in color, and makes a really tight fit with Lego pneumatics. Try emailing him and asking what it was (pinkmice@borg.com). Also, Tom's Technic (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  The Big Lift

I've broken my old crane record with a 48 pound (21.8 kg) lift with my marine pedestal crane: (URL) still have not put together a decent webpage for the crane. I must take better quality pictures of it first. If it would only stop raining here in (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic) !

  Pneumatic Tubing Replacement

Does anyone know what type of tubing TLC uses for their pneumatics? Any suggestions on a good replacement for it? Thanks for the info, Greg (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

(...) Do you want both motors to contribute to the power when driving straight? I.e., is your worry that one motor is idle, and hence does not contribute to the motion? Is that why you want a different arrangement? As I see it, the main advantage (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

(...) I think most of your problems would be solved by installing a clutch that links the left and right drive axles. It would be somewhat like the limited slip differential in the Ferrari brothers book. I perfer using the clutch gear instead of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

(...) Well, an adder/subtractor (a/s) *does* turn both treads evenly, but only with one motor driving. (...) An a/s does this when the drive motor is stopped and *the other* motor turns. (...) Controlled by the speed / direction of "turning" motor. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

I have a challange for those realy good at using differentials and gears: The adder / subtractor device is not the ideal device for use in tank treads. An ideal device would drive straight forward and back with both motors running. It would also be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Decals/Stickers for 8880 ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND

(...) Hi, you can find a scan of the 8880 stickers at Brick Builder's site: (URL) link: (URL) that helps! Alex (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Decals/Stickers for 8880 ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND

Hi all, I got my supercar 8880 many many years ago when I was about 5. (of course I never even built it until I was 13, then realizing what an amazingly engineered model it was) I have the box, instructions and all the pieces, but somewhere along (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: "Technic Hall of Fame Nominees" poll

I don't know, the <set:8460 8460 Crane>, <set:8862 8862 Backhoe Grader> and <set:8860 8860 Auto Chassis> sets are owned by the same number of people [1] and are doing very well. I also thought it was a great set - a lot of functions in a very tight (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: "Technic Hall of Fame Nominees" poll

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best Technic set poll

Yeah, it's an interesting set, it's the only Technic set without any gears (AFAIK) and the workings of the mechanism are hard to understand and far from the standard things we got used to see in other sets. On the minus side, the opening function (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best Technic set poll

What do you mean, not meant to be rolled onto hard surfaces? I only got it to work on a hard floor. It never opened on a carpet... Duq Oh, by the way, keep it on the shortlist, I do think it's a classic. "Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

Wow, thanks for the pics. I am absolutely _shocked_ at how much smaller the 8475 rims and wheels are. I thought they were maybe 2/3 to 3/4 the size of the 8466/8458 equivalents. I was totally fooled -- they are barely half the size. Impressive that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

(...) I put some info here a while back; (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

Many thanks to John Morgan for putting the pictures up. My question (to John Heins or anyone who can answer) is based on looking at those images. "John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0rK02.99z@lugnet.com... (...) points (...) Has (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

In lugnet.technic, John Morgan writes: sorry about that ... didnt know how to create direct links to the images... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact