 Technic / 8001
Re: "Technic Hall of Fame Nominees" poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:54:57 GMT

I don't know, the 8460 Crane, 8862 Backhoe Grader and
8860 Auto Chassis sets are owned by the same number of people [1]
and are doing very well.

I also thought it was a great set - a lot of functions in a very tight space.
perhaps the fact that it's pneumatic puts it in the shade of even better
pneumatic sets,
the 8868 Airtech Claw Rig and the 8460 Mobile Crane.

There are a few surprising things in the current results:

I thought <set:8880> would be much closer to the shuttle than it is,
but more than that I'm surprised <set:8448> is not at the very top. It got the
rating of 93 in the Lugnet DB (and got rated by a lot of people!) the third
highest rating for a technic set - only 1 point behind <set:8880> and 2 behind
<set:8480>.

I also think <set:8094> is doing surprisingly well considering that in the
Lugnet DB it got marked by only 7 people with the average rating of 84.

- David

[1] If you also count the people that own <set:8459> as <set:8464> you actually
get a much higher number than those sets.

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:
Here it is:

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=22

Hmmmm. Surprised 8459 is ranking so low - maybe cos not many people own one?

ROSCO