 Storage / 778
Re: Source for Akro-Mils cabinets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.storage, Eric Kingsley writes:

I know what you mean.  The ones with the 3 huge drawers with smaller ones one
the side are nice for certain things but often the large drawers are too
large.

And the one with all small drawers is nice too, but often too small.

I just wish
they had a configuration with all medium sized drawers.

Akro-Mils does make these.  That's what I'm looking for.

I could use some of these.  All of my Akro-Mils drawer units are either the
23-drawer or the 36-all-too-small-to-use variety.  I definitely prefer the
cabinets with the larger drawer sizes.  I currently have a lot of empty
small-size drawers, and not nearly enough medium- and large-size drawers for
some of my overflow storage.

I was recently gazing at my sorting bins deciding that I could stand to add
six more of the 23-drawer units and a pair of 36-drawer units.  However, if
cabinets with all mid-size drawers were available (18-drawers?) I would leap
at the chance to score 8 or 16 of them.

I actually wonder if it would be worth
our while to contact Akro-Mils directly to see about a large wholesale order.

Beleive it or not, this is something I was thinking about a short time ago... >I wondered how much we would have to order at once....

Maybe if there are enough NELUG folks who want such drawers, we could actually
do it.

Wal-Mart currently sells the 23-drawer and 36-drawer units for just under
$11 apiece.  ($10.97, IIRC...)  So if Akro-Mils can compete with that price
on a direct order, I'd definitely take some.  Also, since I have never seen
the 18-drawer unit at Wal-Mart, I'd definitely like to find an alternate
supplier.

I also once found some of these units at the soon-to-be-demised Bradlees
department stores.  At the time, they were a few pennies more expensive than
at Wal-Mart.  However, if you were to find a stash of these on 70% clearance
at Bradlees, you'd be in pretty good shape.  (If the clock hasn't already
run out for "Mrs. B.", I mean.)