 Storage / 777
776  |  778
Subject:
Two New Storage Options
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:37:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey Everyone,

Since so much has been written recently about Lego storage, I thought I'd spill
the beans on some products we'll be offering very soon.

The first storage option competes directly with Plano and Akro-Mils, and it's
called Slide-N-Lock II from Gould. The units come in four formats (T1, T2, T3,
T4) with color options in blue, ivory, and grey (mix and match drawer color
with cabinet color). As the name suggests, Slide-N-Lock II is an integrated
small parts storage system that grows as your collection grows. The units
interlock to form a continuously growing storage solution. The plastic
construction is beefy, high-impact styrene on both the drawers and the cabinet
body. The drawers (small size and large size) are 50% deeper than either Plano
or Akro-Mils, and they can be divided into up to five smaller compartments with
the optional dividers. We recommend Slide-N-Lock II for organization of small
Lego elements, especially Technic. The large drawers are over 16 studs wide
inside, so you can store even those big Technic beams without having to go
diagonal.

The second storage solution are Duralux and Duralene storage bins, the same
type used in both the master builder's shop at Legoland, CA as well as in the
"Lego" room at MIT. Duralux bins are opened-top bins that can be used with
their own integrated shelving system. Since they were developed for the
laboratory environment, they are autoclavable and resistant to weak acids and
other corrosives. They come in red, yellow, and blue. Duralene bins are
stackable, but are for use on pre-existing shelving systems. They are made of
polypropylene and come in red, yellow, blue, and black. Duralene bins also come
in larger sizes than the Duralux bins. Both brands can be divided using
optional divider units. We recommend Duralux storage solutions for anyone who
does not have a shelving system of organization yet. We recommend Duralene for
anyone who may already have a shelf storage system and only needs the
containers themselves. We recommend both Duralux and Duralene for storage of
bulk Lego elements, or for the organization of large collections.

We're working out the bugs on our website right now (inventory, secure payment,
etc.), but if you'd like to view the manufacturer's website, here's their
link...

https://www.gouldinc.com:443/gpcatalog/Catalog.asp

..and then select Industrial Products.

Pricing for each Slide-N-Lock will be around US$40 (shipping seperate). A pack
of 50 dividers (for either large or small drawers) is around US$12.

Pricing for Duralux and Duralene drawers and shelving varies greatly by size of
unit or drawer, but a pack of 16 Duralene mini-bins goes for around
US$10 (similar size and composition of the Akro-Mils AkroBin). Dividers also
range in price (per 50) based on size.

Hope this helps. These units ARE available now, but our website is not
complete. Feel free to email me or call at (818) 347-2737.

- Sean