 Storage / 786
Re: Skip Wal-Mart and Amazon; order Akro-Mils catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:30:31 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Jeff Johnston writes:

Unfortunately, you can't order individual cabinets from Akro-Mils, you can
only
order crates of them... it's a retailers' catalogue.  I was so excited when I
discovered the catalogue on their website that I ordered one and then called
them to ask if I could order individual units from them, and was told that I
couldn't.

So...how many are in a crate?

Ah, that's the question, isn't it?

Eric Kinsgley posted something that voiced something I had already been
thinking- if enough people want them, then NELUG could possibly just place a
bulk order and we could divide them amongst ourselves.

I didn't say anything about it, but when an opportunity presented itself I was
thinking about trying to call Akro-Mils for more information about quantities
needed to order, and so on.  If you want to give them a call, the number is on
their website.

I can say for myself that I have a definite interest in getting their
"cabinets" with middle-sized drawers- the "36 drawer" model.  I would probably
want about 8 of them right off the bat.

I know that Joe Comeau made a passing reference to being possibly interested,
and after talking to Todd this weekend I had the impression that he might be as
well.  So I think, assuming you and Eric K are both interested, that we might
well have enough interest running to place an order... but we should probably
find out how large an order we'd have to place before Akro-Mils would even want
to talk to us.

eric