 Storage / 177
Re: Hate the current boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:31:02 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> writes:

Heh heh, I feel pretty weird now -- I have Zip-Loc bags on the *outside* of
some of my boxes -- so that when I move them, I don't scratch them against
each other.  I do build and play with all my pieces, but I want the artwork on
the boxes to be preserved.  Most of the artwork from the smaller boxes and
instructions are in 3-ring binders...

What do you do with the artwork from the larger boxes?  I've been looking
for a instructions/box/catalog storage solution along the lines of a 3-ring
binder, but the larger boxes wouldn't fit (I only keep top and bottom).  I
was thinking maybe an artist portfolio binder, but I imagine that would get
expensive.

Yeh, I know what you mean -- I've have drooled over some of those large
artist portfolios too.

I finally settled in on using 2-gallon ZipLoc storage bags for the larger
art -- stores a whole piece inside, or sometimes 2 bags fitted unsealed on
opposite ends for the larger ones.  For the really large ones like the
monorail sets, those go whole (uncollapsed) into a clear zippered comforter
protector.

I'm sure there are better solutions but this one was affordable.  :)  Give
the 2-gallon ZipLoc bag thing a try maybe -- but beware that the plastic
used might not be acid-free (I haven't checked yet so I don't know).  If you
buy comic-book and baseball card protectors they usually say.

--Todd