 Dear LEGO / 37
36  |  38
Subject:
Hate the current boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:45:00 GMT

Dear Lego:

PLEASE stop making the boxes for larger sets with a thin piece of cardboard
that is "taped" over the sectioned display cases.

I'm the kind of Lego collector that likes to store my sets in their original
boxes.  When moving these boxes from one location to another, if the box is
slightly tilted and the top flap opens I have many pieces spilling out of the
box and all over the floor.  This recently happened to me for the THIRD time
with a larger set (where it can be quite frustrating to determine exactly what
pieces I might not have found without rebuilding the entire model all over
again).

The boxes from two or three years ago did not have this feature but rather
featured a box with a lid that somewhat-firmly locked into the base of the box
and did not allow for such opportunities to lose pieces.

In short, please make boxes more sturdy for storage (or at least make the large
set boxes like the medium-size ones where the piece-tray slides into the main
box).

..jg