 Storage / 1497
Re: Project Building and Sorting Table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:58:22 GMT

Peter F. Guenther wrote:
In lugnet.storage, Jason Spears wrote:

I had forgotten that you use those dixie bowls for sorting. I like
them because their super cheap and easy to get parts out of.

Yeah, they're great on those two criteria, but being round, they're
an awful use of space.  Doesn't anyone make square disposable
bowls?!?  I know there are some GladWare options but those are
pricier and still somewhat rounded.

Matt Chiles ordered a case of the clear plastic mostly rectangular bins you
often see packaged mushrooms in (I'm pretty sure I've seen other produce in
them also). The bins are about 4"x5" or so (there are also larger bins).
Another cheap rectangular bin I use is tofu containers. The tofu containers
have a wide lip, but it can be trimmed down. I've also investigated the
possibility of using small flower pots, especially ones designed to fit into
a carrier tray, but I haven't pursued that avenue enough (one would have to
tape over the hole in the bottom though).

Frank