 Storage / 1491
Re: Project Building and Sorting Table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:52:42 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Peter F. Guenther wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, Jason Spears wrote:

I had forgotten that you use those dixie bowls for sorting. I like them because their super cheap and easy to get parts out of.

Yeah, they’re great on those two criteria, but being round, they’re an awful use of space. Doesn’t anyone make square disposable bowls?!? I know there are some GladWare options but those are pricier and still somewhat rounded.

I’ve used the small square-ish foam takeout hinged lid containers used to hold sandwiches and such as an alternative to those tippy bowls. Just lay out the container flat to get two conjoined ~5” square sorting bins, or seperate them at the hinge as needed. Other good ones are the shallow rectangular foam meat trays. Both alternatives eliminate the large lip, and provide a more stable bottom.

   I’m thinking about using basswood or balsa strips to subdivide the sorting area, but haven’t decided to for sure yet.

Peter

I’d try other items first before engineering around the bowls.

Ed