 Star Wars / 9330
Re: about chewie in the atst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:

That's probably correct, but I'd bet that it's also a matter of character
recognition - your average parent non-SW fan will be more likely to purchase • a
set with a "loveable" or popular figure than one with a generic figure.

If that's their marketing strategy, how do you explain the figs in the TIE
Fighter set (Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot)?

Assuming, of course, that the black blobby fig isn't Vader.

eric

It doesn't look like Vader (the pilot appears to have a yellow face which
wouldn't fit in with the grey one already used), but it also doesn't look like
a TIE pilot (where's the full-face helmet?). I'd guess at it being an Imperial
officer or trooper (Death Star troopers wore black with what looked like a
cycle helmet). So it looks like we won't even get a TIE pilot - grrr! Guess
I'll have to get some extra stormtroopers and paint them black - but that
might be hard with everyone else here after a few hundred stormtroopers
themselves. I think TLC need a bulk buy option here ...

Dan