 Star Wars / 9318
  about chewie in the atst

the main reason for doing it was economics. They could have put 3 things in the at-st: chewie an at-st pilot a stormtrooper the at-st pilot would have been a new fig so thats out the reason they chose chewie over the trooper is because chewie has a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson writes: they need to (...) That's probably correct, but I'd bet that it's also a matter of character recognition - your average parent non-SW fan will be more likely to purchase a set with a "loveable" or popular (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) If that's their marketing strategy, how do you explain the figs in the TIE Fighter set (Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot)? Assuming, of course, that the black blobby fig isn't Vader. eric (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) a (...) It doesn't look like Vader (the pilot appears to have a yellow face which wouldn't fit in with the grey one already used), but it also doesn't look like a TIE pilot (where's the full-face helmet?). I'd guess at it being an Imperial (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

Huh? Where are you seeing a yellow face? ~Mark (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I have always thought that the body on a Blacktron I figure would make a perfect TIE pilot, we just need the helmet. Tim (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I think you are looking at the emperor fig that comes with the Imperial Shuttle. His face is yellow. The TIE Fighter set comes with a black (full helmeted) TIE pilot and a white Stormtrooper. Look at the pic again. BEN GATRELLE (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) Stormtroopers are a very recognizable part of the SW universe - I'd say that stormtroopers have good recognition among non-SW fans and casual observers. If the Tie set just had the Tie Pilot, then joe-parent might just not recognize anything (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) You don't think the fact that "STAR WARS" is plastered all over the sets would have anything to do with it, do you? :) I think that if parent joe saw "STAR WARS" on a set then they'd know it's probably popular, especially if their kid's a Lego (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B61B1E2D.5AEA%s...ink.com... (...) In the close up picture - (URL) a quick glance the "pilot" minifig appears to have a face, but it could just be something in the blur of the picture. Dan (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I was looking at the close up of the TIE ((URL) It just appears that the "pilot" has a face, although it could just be a blur or reflection in the picture. I'm definitely not confusing the "pilot" with the Emperor - I've got the Emperor (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:G2zJ02.I1F@lugnet.com... (...) (full (...) Now I've seen the really clear shot at FBTB I can see that it really is a TIE pilot with a "proper" TIE helmet. Cool! You could always paint (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I suspect there still could be an AT-ST Driver that Lego isn't showing in their catalog picture because if ya check out the now clearer Imperial Shuttle pic at FBTB you can clearly see a pilot minifig! :) Signed, Rick LUGNET member 540 email (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) I hope that you are right, but I think that it is the Emperor inside the shuttle...the fig seems to have markings on the face that are very similar to the Emperor's. (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) Actually, if you look at the picture very closely it looks like just a standard smiley. I think the "markings" you're seeing are just an effect of lighting through the cockpit "glass." Besides, the Emporer would never pilot his own shuttle... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) Sorry to tell you this but your link is dead. Greetz, Jay Oh before I forget I made a povray of the shuttle (I don't know if I got it exactly right but it's close) here: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) (URL) should work. That's a pretty slick rendering. It's too bad we don't see what the back end looks like yet... -Bryan (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)