 Star Wars / 8096
8095  |  8097
Subject:
Character of Vehicles: WAS(Re: Are brown plates available?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:43:16 GMT

Jeff & All,

Is it just because I'm grown up now (well, sort of) or are the
Episode 1 vehicles not as interesting for the most part as those in the
original trilogy?  I like the Starfighters but most of the rest seem to • be
lacking in personality.

I agree completely.  Contrast the original movie with any other SW movie.
In the first film, nearly every vehicle was significant.  In later
episodes, they were just a way to get from one place to another.

Steve

Dang.  Sorry for that last post.

I also think the vehicles had more character (to me, they WERE characters) • in
the original trilogy - not just SW:ANH.  Consider AT-ATs, AT-STs and • Speeder
Bikes.

Hmm... I don't know. I think they all had certain aspects of character. When
you think of the MF, it is Han and Chewie. I think both series, 4,5,6 and ,
had memorible vehicles. I did not like the EP1 vehicles at first, but they
have grown on me. I used to hate the TIE fighters, but they are all right
now. I think the Queens starship and the Naboo fighters did an excellent job
of protraying the Naboo royalty, while the Trade Federations vehicles, the
flying wing, the flagships, AAT's, MTT's,STAPS, etc. gave them the assembly
line look, which is a good representation. Also, the Republic Cruiser
getting blown up was extremely ironic.

The only vehicle(s) from episode 1 with comparable character are the pod
racers.

Eh, the podracers were good, but I think most vehicles did a good job in all
the movies. Except the Landspeeder, that still is bad. Reminds me of a
flying 1979 Chevy Chevette, complete with the questionable driver. (This is
just my weirdness, don't mind it too much!)

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!