 Star Wars / 7944
    NLS opinion —Mark Sandlin
   Last night I was at TRU with my wife (NLS) and we passed the Star Wars sets. She looked at the UCS X-Wing and said "OOoooooo" and she thought it was really cool. She then noticed the Millennium Falcon next to it. She said it looked "crappy" and "not (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —Aaron West
     (...) Have to give credit where it is due, your wife has excellent taste:) I think that the Snowspeeder has to be my favorite (packaging looks great too) set to build out-of-the-box. My opinion as owner of a MF model is the same, it would require (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —Gerry Venteicher
   (...) What a loaded comparison. You could set the Mona Lisa next to a UCS X-wing and the painting would look like crap. They are two totally different types of sets. I am guessing the reason Lego came out with the UCS is so that Star Wars fanboys (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —Mark Sandlin
     (...) X-wing (...) that Star (...) Then why would she think the Snowspeeder is a good set? It was next to the UCS X-Wing also, and she still thought it looked good compared to the MF. The Snowspeeder isn't anywhere close to being as impressive as (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: NLS opinion —Eric Joslin
      (...) Actually, I think that the Snowspeeder is a lot *more* impressive than the UCS X-Wing. It was designed to fit into a very specific scale, it was designed to only contain a certain number of parts and fit into a specific spot in the Lego (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: NLS opinion —Gerry Venteicher
      (...) Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope, I am sounding like my dad. Their is an easy answer for your wife's oppinion. I am asuming that she is not a Lego nut like us. Thier is a obviouse difference between the two. The (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: NLS opinion —Aaron West
        (...) My thoughts added When I saw the Falcon at TRU I grabbed it without hesitation and paraded around the store with my prize until I was ready (palms sweaty) to purchase it at the register. Upon getting it home I waited as long as I could to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: NLS opinion —Mark Sandlin
      (...) sounding (...) asuming (...) between (...) ages 12 (...) No, she isn't a Lego nut. That's why I thought it was profound that she thought the Millennium Falcon was crappy compared to the SNOWSPEEDER, which is NOT a UCS set. I would assume that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: NLS opinion —Jeff Jardine
      (...) I just bought the Falcon (as well as the UCS TIE), and after building the Falcon I have to agree with Mark somewhat. It's disappointing, especially when I could have bought 2 X-Wings and a TIE vs Y-Wing set for the same price. I guess the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: NLS opinion —Mark D. McKean
     (...) The Snowspeeder is probably the most accurate-looking of all the regular Star Wars sets. Except for being minifig scale, it almost *could* be a UCS set. Plus almost any other Star Wars set looks more accurate than the MF. Not that the MF is a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —Bryan Hodges
   (...) It *IS* awesome. I own the set and I love it. I'm a so-called Star Wars "fanboy" and I just love the set. My only problem with the set would be with the cockpit, but it's such a small complaint that it's not worth worrying about. I was amazed (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —John Battcock
   Hey all, Well I know we always try to remember that Lego is a "kids" toy but heres my Falcon complaint, It's too big for Andrew (5 years old) to fly with one hand for dog fights and the landing legs keep falling off. Well than he has to turn it over (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: NLS opinion —Mark Sandlin
   (...) heres (...) etc... (...) Those legs always annoyed me. I'd always build my MOCs so that they had flat bottoms or in such a way that I didn't need the legs... they always would get knocked off during dogfights anyway. ~Mark (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)