 Star Wars / 6612
Re: Star Wars Minifig Packs - Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:33:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

How about the little grey Imperial Transport that was modeled in the first
couple
years of Star Wars toys?  It was dark grey, had a curved front, and little
"pods"
for Stormtroopers on the sides?  That would be an ideal way to get a $20 set
with
four or more Stormtroopers.

Ah, the venerable Troop Transport.  That was one of my absolute favorite SW
toys in those early days (I think I got it for Christmas, 1978).  My favorite
thing about it was the comic strip in the instruction book, in which Vader
personally orders the squad to go down to Tatooine and find the droids.  Very
supervillian-esque.  I seem to remember it being a rather dismal life for the
Stormtroopers, and liking that.

At any rate, this would be a great set for TLG to try and make, as it would
certainly be an Ep. IV-VI version of the MTT- but I don't think we'll ever see
it as anything but a MOC (now I'm thinking about making one myself for BrikWars
:D).  Two main reasons:  1) It wasn't in the movie, and TLG has already said
they aren't going to be doind "Expanded Universe" toys, and 2) As it was
designed completely by Kenner, not LucasFilm (it wasn't even based on a design
sketch from ILM!), it would be hard for TLG to get the rights to it.  Unless,
of course, Hasbro wanted to play nice with their competition. :D

eric