 Star Wars / 6608
Re: Star Wars Minifig Packs - Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:45:08 GMT

Hi all,

Bad humour, and a good thought, follow:

Lorbaat wrote:

Ok, so I've been thinking about Star Wars minifig packs, and I think I might
have found a reason we'll never, ever see them, which is sad.  But before you
hate me and say I'm the bearer of bad tidings, hear me out, because there might
be hope.

"A New Hope?"  (groan...)  No!  NO!  Don't send me to .pun!  This is still
pertinent!

But, I did say something about there being hope, so:  With the MTT, you get a
great set of parts, and 7 Battle Droids.  At that rate, two or three of them
combines with other sets, like the Naboo Swamp and Naboo Fighter, and the AAT,
and you can have a fairly formidable force of Battle Droids.  So maybe Lego
will put out a set with a similar number of Stormtroopers, or a smallish set
with one or two Stormtroopers.  It's a shame that Lego already produced the
Landspeeder from  Episode IV, because that set would seem to be a natural for
inclusion of one, two, or even up to four Stormtroopers.  Can anyone else think
of a small-ish vehicle set that could easily include Stormtroopers?

How about the little grey Imperial Transport that was modeled in the first couple
years of Star Wars toys?  It was dark grey, had a curved front, and little "pods"
for Stormtroopers on the sides?  That would be an ideal way to get a $20 set with
four or more Stormtroopers.  What's more, it could include lots of curved dkgrey
bricks (a la the Orient Hoaxpress over on .trains) and maybe even a small SW L&S
element (let's hope not).

best

Lindsay