 Star Wars / 6609
Re: Star Wars Minifig Packs - Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:01:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Lorbaat wrote:
So it is possible that we'll never see a pack of SW minifigs because putting
one out would incite Hasbro in some way, or might actually just fully violate
licensing agreements...

Which makes it odd that it was hinted at in an official interview...although
the person doing the hinting might not have known that it would be a violation.

It's a shame that Lego already produced the
Landspeeder from  Episode IV, because that set would seem to be a natural for
inclusion of one, two, or even up to four Stormtroopers.  Can anyone else think
of a small-ish vehicle set that could easily include Stormtroopers?

Stormtrooper Patrol - 2-4 Stormtroopers, a Dewback, and some small constructed
thingy tossed in to make it a "construction toy".  (If they got away with the
Lightsaber Duel and the Gungan Patrol, they could do something similar here.)

Death Star Trash Compactor - OK, it's not Stormtroopers, it's Luke and Han in
Stormtrooper outfits - but with the helmets on, nobody will be able to tell
anyway.  (But since all minifigs are the same height, how will Leia know to
say, "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?")  If we're unlucky they
won't include the helmets, thus creating a shortage and frustrating
fans...unless they put out a "SW Accessory Pack"...

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m