 Star Wars / 5993
Re: was Where's the crew? now cool Tie hatch, SI rear door pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:11:37 GMT

Scan down for response

Mr L F Braun wrote:

David Simmons wrote:

I'm not surprised about the colors.  It's obviously a prototype judging from
what everyone else has already said.  I just wisht that hand had been
holding a Chewie or C-3PO 'fig so we would have something new to talk about!

Some things I like:

1.  The top gun position rests on a hinged plate.  Perhaps this opens to
reveal a gunner's chair?  Let's hope so!

Hopefully all four guns are on the final set as well.  ;)

2.  I like the way they put a new paint job on the large dark gray piece
from the back of the Sith Infiltrator.  That would be a tough piece to
realize out of regular bricks.

IT actually looks really good--considering I have almost 20 of the SI pieces, I
can say that with machinery printing they're kind of useful!

I agree.  I use them to build up the size of one of more recent models, the DS-4.
The take up space, while giving it a cool texture.  Not two mention the two
hardpoints protruding out.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~pjbrick/ds4.html

3.  Four gray macaroni bricks!

These are becoming less and less novel to me.  Almost banal.  (No you can't have
any).

4.  Look at the front of the cockpit underneath and in front of the tan 1x8
plate.  It looks like a dark gray version of the wing plate that matches the
new six-stud wide cockpit.  Isn't that a new piece in dark gray?

No, inasmuch as there are two in the 7180 B-Wing--but they do seem to be new for
2000.

best

Lindsay