 Star Wars / 5753
5752  |  5754
Subject:
Star Wars a loss for Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:13:21 GMT

My boss's former boss plays golf with a Lego executive and found out that Lego
has actually lost money on the Star Wars sets.  Though the Star Wars sets have
been some of the most successful Lego sets ever, expectations for them were
even higher. Just like the Star Wars books from DK, Lego made more product than
outlets have bought.

I didn't find out what exactly this might mean. Hopefully, no sets have been
cancelled (the Falcon and the others we know about are coming out - I'm talking
about sets we DIDN'T know about), and Lego will still develop new sets, just
this time they won't make too much of each set.

Just thought people might like to know this, especially since executives
sometimes don't know how to interpret info like this. We can only hope they
don't decide to juniorize the sets, thinking that was why they didn't live up
to expectatio