 Star Wars / 5606
Re: Destroyer Droid - Help w/ unrolling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:04:13 GMT

I'm having trouble with the rear leg mechanism too.  I reduced the number of
elastics to 3.  This seemd to make the latching and unlatching operations
easier when tripping it manually (i.e. by hand, not rolling it).  With 4 bands
I could trip the rear leg, no matter how hard you hit the front legs.  I
haven't tried rolling it yet with 3 bands...I was frustrated with it by then.
The head popping off didn't help...

I'll try your solution for the head 1st.  Yesterday, I was looking at it and
trying to figure out a fix myself.  I thought of removing the numbered 2 (or
3??) brown link that the head connects to and replacing it with a 1 (shaft
fits in one end only).  The replace the grey shaft piece with a black one (3
or 4??) awith those tight fitting bushings on either end.  If anyone trys this
before me, let me know how it works out.

...MJ

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:

I bought my destroyer droid and have had some problems too.  First the guns
wouldn't flip down.  I added another rubber band to each side and solved that
problem.  Sometimes the head wouldn't flip up either but now it does, too
well.  Actually the head falls off.  The grey technic rod that holds the head
in place pulls forward and everytime I roll it the head is just sitting and
bobbing there.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix any of these minor problems?

Mike

I posted a fix earlier.  If the grey pin pops out even a little, the head will
have trouble.  The grey pin passes through a technic element that is always
attached to the head.  Wrap a small rubber band around this part.  Now, there
is also a small grey assembly hanging down very close to where the head gets
plugged into.  Plug the head in and wrap the rubber band down and around this
grey assembly.  You can use the smallest rubberband for this.  Everytime the
head tries to pop out, the band pulls it back in again.  Also, you could fix
the gun popping problem by using one extra rubberband in the front that pulls
the shoulders together.  This increases the forward speed to allow the arms to
snap down harder.  As for the rear leg trouble mentioned earlier.  Mine
started binding recently too.  There is alot of force being applied to some
parts, and the vibration when its released has a tendency to tear the whole
thing apart.  Make sure that nothing is binding the set up.  I also notice
that the L shaped flat technic joints(there where a ton of them in this set)
all have molding flash which causes the parts to not mount flush.  Its very
small, but could be a problem.  There must have been a good 20 of them in this
set.

Jason F.