 Star Wars / 4591
Re: MF Challenge!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:59:05 GMT

It's actually quite easy if your minifigs don't mind "getting a little
closer."  You can put minifigs side by side (w/ no studs between them if • you
lean on forward and put her arm forward while leaning the other back and
putting his arm back.  Assuming the MF comes with Han and Leia, this could
effectively model Han getting fresh with Leia.  Han and Chewie together • might
be a bit too strange.

I actually did just that last night.... I didn't care for it. Like you
said... too cozy.

I really don't think the curve of the cockpit will interfere with this.

My only other concern with the cockpit piece is where the bottom studs are
located. If they placed them along the bottom, like with the panel pieces,
then that will cut even further into the space available, making it
impossible I think to use.

My first mod will be to lose the saucers--at least the top ones.  I've • been
thinking that four saucer sections together would be perfect for those • Hoth
shield generators.

Hey, that's a good idea. I on the other hand rather like the look of the
saucers. Even though they limit what you can do. I just don't have enough
gray plates to use in place of them.

I'm wondering what to do about the cockpit.  The front part of the LC • piece is
fine, but it extends way too far back.  Hmm, I've never (intentionally)
mutilated a Lego piece before, but . . .

AGH! Don't do it man! That is never the right answer IMHO.

I think the tie cockpit pieces do OK for the side portals, and the • mandibles
may just need to be a little taller and have some "mechanical" looking • pieces
added, much like Ben and others have done.

I agree... perhaps if made a little thicker... that cockpit corridor may
JUST be possible... maybe.

Anyone care to lay odds on the MF coming with a second cannon?

Hehe... no, I don't think I'll take that bet. :-)

-- Geoff