 Star Wars / 2901
Re: Question about 7101
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:12:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Alan G. Carmack writes:
My sons enjoy playing with set 7101, the Light Saber Duel.  What is that • radar
antenna thing supposed to be?  We have not seen the movie and I do not have
any idea what it is.

It's a Moisture Vaporator.  It takes water from the atmosphere and converts it
to drinking water.

I thought "Oh, that explains the spigots (faucets)."  But then I ask Why are
they in the middle of the MV and not at the bottom.  Must have a pump in it
rather than just work on gravity pressure.  I assume the planet they are on
has some gravity.  It seems every planet in SW has earth-like gravity?  Wonder
what a Pod Race would be like on the Moon, w/ 1/6 of our gravity, or would
gravity make a difference for pod racing?  Or for thrust, maneuverability (or
"manoeuvrability" in UK).

Your Physics Dummy --

Alan C
BTW--My Oxford dictionary says that "faucet" is used in Britain only in
special circumstances, and gives "tap" as the usual word.  But I rarely say
"tap" but usually say "faucet", and sometimes "spigot" but not in polite
society.  :-)