 Star Wars / 2971
Re: Question about 7101
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:39:28 GMT

Alan G. Carmack wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Alan G. Carmack wrote:

I thought "Oh, that explains the spigots (faucets)."  But then I ask Why are
they in the middle of the MV and not at the bottom.  Must have a pump in it
rather than just work on gravity pressure.  I assume the planet they are on
has some gravity.

  I figured it was a drip-unit, and that the "ladders" are representations of
the coils where atmospheric gas is cooled to form condensation, which
  then drips into a tank.  The faucets are at the top of the tank, to keep • from
  having joints at the bottom that might leak.  Also, I figure they'd be • filling
  some hefty containers, so it's best to have the spigot too high than too
low.

I figured the short ladders were coils to collect moisture.  I can;t recall
seeing those cute ladder pieces before.

They are in some sets as barred windows (they fit into a 1x4x3 window
frame).

While you are there, ask them why they keep their washing machine in the
kitchen.  Of course, they probably don't call it washing machine.  I am
talking about a clothes washer, btw.  While the dryer is somewhere else in the
flat or house.

Cheaper plumbing (though why the drier isn't next to it is another
question - presumably its in an out of the way spot).

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com