 Star Wars / 2778
Re: Just a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 06:53:47 GMT

Shaun Sullivan wrote:

The most plausible explanations I've heard sit much more comfortably
with me than pure psychological impact.  For one thing, consider how
heavily armored these AT-AT vehicles are - according to all of the
source material I've run across, nothing short of heavy artillery can
consistently do damage to them.  Repulsorlifts cannot effectively
transport such heavy, thick armor at relatively high speeds ~60 km/hr, I
believe).  The Main Battle Tanks in Episode I can only go around 30,
IIRC from the Episode I cross-sections book, being the heavily armored
repulsorlift vehicles that they are.

   Interesting...but aren't the MTTs also repulsorlift?

   LFB.