 Star Wars / 2699
Re: Just a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 20:01:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes:
I have my own answers about this, but a friend of mine asked (and genuinely
wanted to know) why, in such an advanced technology state in which most of the
SW worlds live, do they still ride animals?

Obviously for the love/fun of it is one answer. But what's up with
stormtroopers on dewbacks?

-Tom McD.
when replying, canter your spamcake.

     I think the reasons are most likely economic.  Dewbacks and banthas are
probably much cheaper than speeders and starships.  Although the SW universe
is full of high technology it does come at a price that your average SW
citizen can't afford.  The people of Tatooine live in adobe huts!
     On another note, i work in NYC and some of the cops around here ride on
horses.  Even though they have plenty of cars and motorcycles/scooters.
                                                                   - Rich