 Star Wars / 2728
Re: Just a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:52:00 GMT

Terry K wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:25:15 GMT, D Blomberg <blomberg@netscape.net> wrote:

What I think is even more strange, is why do they model high
tech armored vehicles after bipeds and quadripeds?  They have spacecraft
that can take off vertically, hover, and travel at light speed
yet they have Imperial Walkers?  Little furry, aboriginal ewoks
can take these things down with vines and logs.

Fear and intimidation.  An AT-AT would have a great psychological impact.

   That's the explanation I've heard too.  However, I'm less inclined than
Lucas and Co. to allow that Snowspeeder cables and vines can bring down AT-ATs
or AT-STs respectively.  The logs, on the other hand, are part of guerilla
warfare--and anyone who's been involved in street fighting can tell you that
armor is virtually useless once the lines become fluid, and even more useless
when infantry support vanishes and you're surrounded by Ewoks (well, OK, the
veterans won't say *Ewoks*).

   ObPeeve:  AT-AT as a transport is understandable; however, why is AT-ST an
"all-terrain scout transport?"  What can it transport?  It's too small for
biker scouts.

   LFB.