 Star Wars / 2729
Re: EP1 Question (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:53:57 GMT

Scott R Dennett wrote:

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 6/1/99, at 4:15 PM, Richard Hrynyszyn wrote:

Possible spoiler, scroll down for message text:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
    Something about EP1 has been bothering me lately.  During the final • space
battle there is only one droid control ship floating around Naboo.  When • the
queen returns there after leaving Coruscant they only encounter that one • ship,
the one that Anakin blows up to stop the droid army.  But in the very
beginning of the film, when we first see Naboo, there are clearly many of
these droid control ships in orbit around Naboo.  There is one shot where • you
can see 7-8 of them at once.  So where did they all go?  if you were going • to
land troops and attempt to take over a planet why would you send all but • one
of your control ships away?  Just something for you guys (and girls) to • chew
on.     - Rich

    P.S.  Has anyone noticed that the SW EP1 cup topper things that you • get
from KFC/Taco Hell/ Pizza Hut  dont really fit on the cups they come with?

If I remember correctly Qui-Gon said something like, "They don't need a
blockade
once they have control of the planet" I know that isn't exactly what he
said, but it
was something along that line.

   If I remember the cross-sections book correctly, too, the Trade Federation
battleships aren't all Droid Control Ships anyhow--only a few of them are.  Is
that the case?

   LFB.